Sunday, June 19, 2011

And, of course it will be an opportunity to get to really know Jacob and Max. We might be able to have different kinds of conversations, with me in their place, and with them the experts.
Yesterday at a wine tasting, I saw the vintage on the bottle-- 2005-- and realized I could not immediately remember what I was doing then, Was that the summer we were in Argentina and Ecuador? Or was it the summer Jacob was in Beijing for the first time? It's true that when the quotidian is pretty stable, one doesn't really remember in a discriminating way, and when memory is jogged, only sequentially. A good reason to keep pictures, journals, etc. Not sure electronic things fix memory the same way a sketch/journal does. Or how feasible it will be on this trip, depending on internet access. Could write word docs and upload, and even scan sketches when I get back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home